What UEL Can Do 4U: SocINDEX with Full Text
Do you need to identify an article describing maternal favoritism by Professor Mari Plikuhn? Do you need materials on violence in schools, specifically school shootings? Are you interested in securing articles on poetry therapy by Dr. Michelle Blake? Search SocINDEX with Full Text for any of these resources.
SocINDEX offers comprehensive coverage of sociology, encompassing all sub-disciplines and closely related areas of study. These areas include abortion, criminology & criminal justice, demography, ethnic & racial studies, gender studies, marriage & family, political sociology, religion, rural & urban sociology, social development, social psychology, social structure, social work, socio-cultural anthropology, sociological history, sociological research, sociological theory, substance abuse & other addictions, violence and as well as many others.
This database provides:
- full text for 890 journals dating back to 1908, full text for more than 850 books and monographs, and full text for over 16,800 conference papers,
- more than 2.1 million records with subject headings from a 20,000+ term sociological thesaurus,
- abstracts for more than 1,300 "core" coverage journals dating from1895,
- data mined from more than 450 "priority" coverage journals as well as from over 2,900 "selective" coverage journals,
- extensive indexing for books, conference papers, and other non-periodical content sources, and
- over 25,000 author profiles.
Access SocINDEX off campus too! Contact Kathy Bartelt (kb4) or Shane White (sw69) with questions or comments.